Thursday, July 16, 2009

Loire Valley Wines




Hey, Sorry for the long deadzone between posts. First I was lethargic about the whole thing, and then, when Artwalk came along, I was super busy. But get a load of my first Bonafide Illustration. I drew her to accompany Kevin Maclean's article on the wines of the Loire Valley in France, Published in this weeks Issue of Fast Forward, in Calgary. Check out all the dead space to the left of her. I wish I had put something in there. Oh, Well. I'll do better next time. I had initially drawn her wearing coveralls and a plaid shirt, and with braids- workwear common in the region, but she came out looking like a hillbilly, so, no. Heres the original ballpoint pen drawing. As you can see, the face was replaced one I modelled after Audrey Tatou:








1 comment:

  1. HI
    I spoke to you at the Artwalk on Whyte. So I really like the drawing where her mouth is closed. You had a copy of that one I think at the walk.
    Could you incorporate the quote that I mentioned to you....
    "Squeeze me, Stomp me, Make me wines....." to the drawing with her mouth closed?
    And what would the cost be?
    My e-mail is annebembridge@gmail.com
    Totally dig your work.
    Thanks
    A

    ReplyDelete